From wooing investors in Germany and UAE to inking several trade pacts with the Australian and Japanese governments, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been racking up his frequent flyer miles quite a bit.
Here, we take a look at some of the major announcements and partnerships that resulted from his visits.
September 2015 - USA
- Air India's direct flight from Delhi to San Fransico will fly three times a week.
- Makes a pitch for Digital India to provide internet access to all villages in the country
May 2015 - China
- For enhanced border defence cooperation, a "hotline" to work between the Military Headquarters
- China will open a new Consulate General in Chennai, India will open one in Chengdu
- ISRO and China space agency to sign Space Cooperation Outline for Deep Space Exploration
April 2015 - Germany
- Hard sells the ‘Make in India’ campaign by wooing German industries.
- Inaugurates the India Pavillion at Hanover Messe, the world’s largest industrial fair
November 2014 - Australia
- India and Australia sign five pacts on social security, transfer of sentenced prisoners, combating narcotics trade, tourism, and Arts.
- Establish framework for security cooperation
- Visa on arrival for Australian tourists
- Lifelong visas for the Indian diaspora; visas on arrival for US tourists
- Makes a pitch for ‘Clean India’ aka Swach Bharat Mission that includes the cleaning of the Ganga
Sign up here with your email